HUMAN SERVICES CHAMBER MISSION STATEMENT
The Human Services Chamber is a collaboration of human services agencies in Hamilton County whose mission is to advocate for public policies that benefit the human services sector and the people it serves.
- In carrying out its mission, the primary goals of the Chamber are:
- To act as the recognized “voice of the sector;”
- To foster communication and collaboration with businesses, organizations, elected officials and other key stakeholders that interface with issues of human services;
- To offer researched data demonstrating the economic and social impact and effectiveness of Hamilton County human services organizations;
To shape public policy positions that advance the provision of effective human services and increase funding for same;
- The Chamber will engage in any or all of the following activities:
- To inform and educate policymakers, funders, donors, business leaders and the general public of the economic and social impact of human services providers in Hamilton County;
- To identify key issues of greatest impact to creating and sustaining high performance/maximum community impact of the human services sector;
- To advocate for creating and sustaining a business climate most conducive to support optimal economic and social impact for the benefit of the entire community; and
- To coordinate and facilitate timely information exchange to the members concerning policies affecting various constituencies with the human services and related fields.
HSC has two types of members, provider members and associate members. Provider members are non-profit organizations providing human services within Hamilton County, Ohio. Provider members having voting rights and may serve on the board. Associate members are organizations that do not qualify as a human services provider but that support the mission and work of the Human Services Chamber. Associate members may include foundations, for-profit companies, and non-profit organizations that do not provide direct services. Associate members may not vote or serve on the board, but may attend HSC events, participate in committee meetings, receive member communications, and enjoy all other benefits of HSC membership. The dues for both types of members are the same. Please contact Gina Marsh, HSC Executive Director, at email@example.com if you have questions about membership types or eligibility.